Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Success!

Today went wonderful! It would have been perfect if Bryton could learn to sleep through the night... But that will come in time.

Keagan has been awesome and sleeping in a little bit later. I can't tell you how nice that is!! It makes everyone in the house just a little bit more happy.

Today my mission was to go out.

I don't really have a hard time with this one, so today was pretty easy. I thought I would be nice to myself and do something that we are all used to. Every Tuesday we meet up with a good friend at The Children's Museum. She has a little boy just months younger than Keagan and they get along great! She also has a little girl a month younger than Bryton. It is perfect.

When we got home, Keagan fought me a little bit to take a nap, but he was so tired that it didn't last long. When he is tired and I am tired, it takes a lot to not get mad and annoyed with him not wanting to go to bed. But I have been good with using my calm and collect voice when talking to him. Sometimes it is really hard, but sometimes it comes with ease.

He is still hitting and throwing things at Bryton, and it drives me up the wall. But I am really hoping in time that will subside. So if anyone has any tips on how to help with that situation I would love to hear them.

Also how do you keep a 2 year old in time out? When he needs a time out he wont stay, I don't know what to do. I have tried and tried to talk to him about it and he just doesn't get it. Times when he does this it is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I really have a hard time with it.

Lets hope day 3 goes as well as day 2!

2 comments:

Carly said...

Ok, let's be honest. Dax is half Keagan's age, so I don't have a lot of experience with this one...but try Super Nanny's tips. I'm sure she has a website, and I couldn't imagine her NOT having the time out tips on there. It seems that (on the show) it can take a whole bunch of tries, but the families seem to be successful in the end. Maybe it's worth a try?

Erica said...

I will have to look into that. I don't have TV so I can't watch the show. But tomorrow I will be searching the internet for Super Nanny's tips!!! Thank you!