Monday, March 1, 2010

**Sigh**

So of course today had to be super stressful. Keagan didn't nap on Saturday and then yesterday he had a nap but we had to wake him up, so today full of joy.... Not! Keagan decided that he didn't want to nap again today, he fought back and forth with me putting him to bed. I was good though, I didn't get angry. I used my calm and collective voice as much as I could. I did end up in time out once. But hey, you do what you need to get through the day.

The days that Keagan doesn't have a nap, he seems to be super clumsy. After telling him 23094 times to stop climbing in and out of Bryton's crib because he was going to fall out, you guessed it he feel out and hit his back on the radiator. And after that everything just went down hill.

Days like today I stare at the clock wishing I had magic powers to fast forward time. It isn't even 8 and the kids are in the bath, and I am ready to call it a day. I just want to climb in bed with my wonderful husband and snuggle. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE my kids to death! But after days like today; where I don't get a shower, didn't get a chance to clean, and there are piles and piles of laundry waiting for me, I wish I could go back to the simple life.

I hope day 2 goes better.

4 comments:

Clayton, Jen, and Millie said...

Erica, I have been meaning to comment before, but never seem to get a moment. You are amazing and I love that you are doing this! Anyway, one thing that has helped me as a mom is doing something different everyday that Millie has never experienced. It is fun to introduce Millie to something new and see the world through her eyes. It helps me stop and reflect on just how special she is. I have more patience with her and the times we spend together playing and giggling helps when she is crying or whining. Some take a little more planning, but most are spur of the moment and simple. Some examples are taking a walk and finding something new on the walk we have never stopped and talked about before. Or building a fort under our dining room table and having lunch and reading books under it. Crawling around the house and pretending to be dogs or cats. Tea Parties. Letting her make a mess with something new she has never dug her hands in before. Teaching new songs or dances. Basically, I have noticed that when I give her my undivided and unrushed attention and not let my mind wander on to other things(phones off, computer off, etc.) we have so much fun. She just eats up all the attention and I am amazed how affectionate and involved she is. She acts like a perfect little angel. Then, when I have to get something done, she seems to get into way less trouble and plays so much nicer on her own. Maybe something like this will help with Keagan. So many of those behaviors may just be coming out because he is busy exploring and can't come up with his own ideas for appropriate fun activities. Some ideas for Keagan could be making cars out of boxes and playing red light green light, Simon Says, Hokey Pokey, Reading a book in a dark room with just a flashlight, Art projects (maybe get him a little easel and something to draw with), putting on a play, etc. Anyway, you are an inspiration! I love you and your cute family! Sorry for the long post!

Erica said...

Thanks Jen!!! Those are some really good tips!

Carly said...

Ok....you both are amazing. I'm in awe.

matheson memories said...

So I just have a thought about what is happening. Anytime that you decide to become a better person in any aspect of your life (especially when you say it outloud) Heavenly Father is going to throw some "awesomeness" at you to prove if you are serious or not. And you know that Satan will also strive very hard to make you believe that you are not good enough to change. So when those tough times come, and you know that they will, remember that Heavenly Father is saying, "I know you can change, and to prove it, I am allowing you this expierence." So I guess what I am saying is, You asked for it!!! I know that you can do it, and I love you tons! Way to go little sis!