Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cupcakes

Day two of being a single Mom went fabulous. I am convinced that Dad's make kids go crazy. I know it has only been two days but I have had both kids in bed asleep before 8:15. Usually it is a nightmare to put Keagan down, and we have to go in there seriously like 10 times. But not I, I go in do our nightly routine of reading scriptures, singing and prayer, and leave and he is out. I never hear a peep from him after that. Why is that? Is it because they don't see Dad all day long and when he gets home they just don't want to go to bed, because they know that he will be gone when they wake up? Is it because Mom is disapline and Dad is play? Is it because there are more bodies in the house and it always seems just a little bit more crazy? What is your take on that? Have you found that to be the case with your family? Life gets crazy when Dad gets home?

So I have had a few people thank me for doing this blog, because it makes them question, "Is that going to make me a better Mom?" And I can't tell you how good that feels. I ask my self that every day now. Sure there are times that I slip up and go back to my old ways of getting frustrated. But it is becoming less and less often, and that is all I can ask. I know I wont be a perfect Mom, what is a perfect Mom anyway?

One way I do know how to be a better Mom is letting my kids run wild outside. Today was another nice day here so we met up with a few friends at a park and let them go crazy. They had a blast! I think that is crucial to being a better Mom.... have playdates. That way your kids can go crazy and have fun, and you can have adult interaction. I love that Mom talk. :)
Another thing that I have found that Keagan loves and it is good bonding time for us. Is I let him help me cook. We made a big giant cupcake today, and he loved helping me make the cake and frosting from scratch, and we loved eating some afterword.

After 9 days of doing this, I can say that I know I am on the right track. I might get to the finish line slowly, but at least I will get there. 

Bring on day 10!

1 comment:

Kristyn Elise said...

Yay for another good day! Cupcake looks fantastic!