Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3 down 5 to go

Day 3 of single Mom went great. I did yell at Keagan once and I felt kind of bad, but I am so freaking sick of him throwing things at Bryton. She was sitting on my lap and I was reading her a book and Keagan was pushing the stroller around. But as soon as he heard me reading he came over and wanted me to read a different book. So I explained to him that I would as soon as we were done with this one. Well he didn't like my answer and he threw the book right at Bryton's face. I am so sick of him doing stuff like that. It drives me crazy. He likes time outs so they don't seem to work. I put him in his room he comes out. I have even sat and held his door shut and he screams and screams. But as soon as I open it he is happy and back to it. UGH! Why does this age have to be so hard.

Other than that mishap today was great. I babysat a little girl in our ward for a few hours this morning and they had a blast together. We played outside and wrote on the sidewalk, we played with playdough and they took turns on Keagan's bike. It is funny to watch different ages with the same personality, I think I got a look at what Keagan will be like in a year. She is the youngest of 6 kids and knows how to manipulate. She is one year older than Keagan and it was funny to watch her try to get her way with him. They have the SAME personality, she was doing things to him that he does to Bryton. So he got a little taste of his own medicine. But they really played really well and had a blast.

After Bryton had a little nap I really wanted to go to a park. I got online and didn't really find any information. So I decided to just pack up and trust our GPS. I got in the car turned it on and went to like 5 different parks, they all SUCKED. They was either maybe 1000 square feet of a park, or just a field. I tried calling one of my friends to get info, but she didn't answer. So after driving for 50 minutes I was ready to give up. I pulled down my street and she called me back. I finally got directions to an awesome park 2 minutes from my house. I was driving in the wrong direction. And 30 seconds before I pulled into the parking lot Keagan fell asleep, but woke up once I turned the car off. I am still trying this no nap thing. Well I am doing every other day. And so far it is going pretty good. But he is still SO tired on days with out a nap, but I don't want to fight him. 

It has been 10 days and I can tell that my attitude toward my kids has improved. I am really glad I started this. I think that sitting down and writing down everything I did, makes me pay closer attention to my actions. It is also a good journal.

Can't believe tomorrow is day 11.

No comments: