Friday, March 5, 2010

Baby laughs

So today wasn't bad. Wasn't the greatest, but not bad. I am super exhausted though. I feel like my kids are slowly killing me by sleep deprivation. Bryton woke up at 4 am. I fed her went and laid down, and couldn't fall asleep. Chuck woke up around 5:30 and it woke Bryton up, and she wouldn't go back to sleep till about 6:30. I finally laid down and as soon as I was falling into my wonderful unconsciousness that I so miss, Keagan opened my door.

So I have been up since 4 am and it is now 8:30pm. I have a wicked headache that wont go away. So BOOOOOOOO to that. I did really well with my goals for the day, so that is a plus.

We first went to the Library as we do every Friday, they have a little toddler class that is reading and music, Keagan loves it. When we got home I made some lunch and then it was nap time. I really wonder when he will stop fighting to take a nap. He is beyond tired. I put him down, but he wouldn't stop screaming. I got Bryton to bed, and went back to try to calm Keagan down. It took about an hour to get him to stop crying. I held it together that whole time. As soon as he feel asleep, I went and laid down on our bed, and Bryton started to cry. I went and got her and played with her for about 45 minutes before she was ready for another nap. I get her all settled and finally think maybe I will get a 10 minute shut eye. I lay down again and as soon as my head hit the pillow Keagan opened our door. I knew it would happen that way, it always does. The days I need a nap the most is when I never get them. Go figure.

Keagan and I played till Bryton woke up and we went for a walk. It was nice enough outside that we didn't need coats. There was a little breeze but nothing we couldn't handle. We walked and we sang and we pointed out lots of sticks and buses and cars and rocks. We had a blast. It lasted for about an hour and half. It was really refreshing to get out. I am hoping the weather stays pretty nice to be able to get out more.

I forgot to mention that in that 45 minutes that Bryton was awake I had a melt down. I started to cry and I couldn't stop crying. Every emotion hit me like a ton of bricks. I haven't really cried since being in Connecticut and today was the first time. I was so overwhelmed with all the emotions from yesterday and the past 4 months. I got on my knees and said a prayer. And as soon as I sat up Bryton started laughing. I wasn't do anything to make her laugh, she was just laughing. She couldn't even sit up she was laughing so hard. I really really needed that. The lord put a smile on my face through baby laughs.

Daddy will be home for day 6 so lets see if I can get some cleaning done!

4 comments:

Carly said...

Give Bryton a little squeeze for answering a prayer! Love that little squish-tastic baby!

The Smith Fam said...

I have a little girl that is turning 3 in May and she did the same thing about naps. I finally decided that for our relationship it wasn't worth it to force it. The first little while was rough without naps. She got pretty whiny about dinner time, which is no fun, but now she doesn't mind it and I don't have to feel like a terrible parent making her sleep and getting mad because she doesn't. I love your blog and the idea that you had. Keep up the good work!

Erica said...

The Smith Fam:

Thank you for commenting. I have thought about not doing that, but it scares me. Maybe I will just have to give it a try, and suck up my fear. Can I ask how you found my blog? I am curious as to who is reading it and how they find it. :)

The Smith Fam said...

I went to high school with Chuck and found it while blog stalking.