Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spotless

Early to bed early to rise. Last night I went to bed at 9, yes folks, 9. I was half asleep when I posted my blog, and I crashed as soon as I pushed publish. I was woken by the pitter patter of Keagan's feet at 6am. Super early. I gave my self till 7 when I decided, okay time to clean. I had neglected my house for far to long. And I know it puts me in a crappy mood when my house is a mess. So I brought out the maid in me and cleaned cleaned cleaned. I didn't stop for over 6 hours!!! What a mess! I opened all the windows in my house and let the fresh air in. It was damp outside so it smelled wonderful. I love the smell of wet Earth. Weird I know, but I do. It was so refreshing to get everything clean. I didn't think I would do it, but I fought till it was done. **Gives self pat on back**

I finished cleaning right when the kids were ready for a nap. So I got to enjoy my clean house for awhile! It felt so nice to not have to trip over toys and laundry. Then when they woke up we got ready and headed over to a friends house for dinner. Since Chuck is gone she wanted to have us to keep us company. The kids played while we talked. I love that our kids get along so well. They get so excited to see each other. And it is so nice to have adult interaction. Things like that put me in a better mood and then I am a better Mom. 

I think every Mom needs to start something like this. Being able to reflect on everything that unfolded during the day and being able to see what I did, is so helpful. I will admit, I don't put everything down because I am embarrassed by my actions, but I will admit, because I am embarrassed by how I reacted and don't want to write it down makes me never do it again. 

I started this challenge at the perfect time. I have no idea why, but this age is so hard on me. Where Keagan doesn't understand and can't comprehend everything yet, but he knows enough not to do things but does them anyway. It drives me nuts! But I am being better about breathing before I react and talking calmly. I think in the short amount of time I have been doing this I have made pretty big changes. I hope more keep coming.

What already day 12???


1 comment:

Kristyn Elise said...

So do you wanna bring you maid self here and clean my house??