Thursday, March 4, 2010

Am I still alive?

I am not going to lie, today was rough!! With Keagan not going to bed till 11 pm the night before, waking up at 6:30 and refusing to take a nap, I almost pulled my hair out. He is mastering the terrible twos, he got an A+ for the day.

I am sitting here in bed my jaw is clenched shut and Keagan is banging his car on his floor..... What to do what to do?! I could let him continue, I could go in and get mad, or I can go in calmly. I am going to take 3 deep breaths before I open his door..... Success, I was super calm. As I stood by his door taking my deep breaths, he knew I was there so he started to bang louder, but as soon as I walked in he stopped. I sang him another song, and said another prayer, and told him if he continues I will have to take it away. It is silent now.... Sweet silence.

Sometimes I feel like I am raising a teenager that just talks back. I often wonder where my sweet baby boy went at times. He can go from melting your heart with his amazing kisses and hugs, to a typical terrible two year old.

Today was hands down the hardest day yet. I tried to change activities to help him be busy, I even painted his toe nails, because he was begging with those sweet baby blues. But in the end, my house looks like it was hit by a tornado and my jaw is tighter than ever. (For those of you that don't know, I have TMJ, and the past few weeks it has flared up and is causing me lots of pain, and I can't find my splint for it!)

When Chuck got home from work, I had had enough. I handed over the kids and turned the shower on high and got in. I let the water run till it was cold. It was amazing. I needed that. I know I am stressed, and I know I am letting Satan get to me. I have said probably 15 prayers today, but it doesn't seem to help. Maybe I am not letting them, who knows. All I know I am trying my hardest and will continue to do so. I knew there was going to be awful days and wonderful days. Yesterday was wonderful, and today happened to be one of the awful ones. Lets pray that tomorrow will be wonderful!!

Here's to day 5!!! **raises my glass of water**

1 comment:

admin said...

Without the bad you wouldn't recognize the good. Keep it up! I'm proud of you.