Thursday, March 25, 2010

Counting my blessings!!

Something really scary happened today, and I am totally counting my blessings because of it.

So long story short I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night, so I was super tired and on edge today. I was planning on walking to the library with my kids today, and wanted to get out of the house no later than 10:00. I had it in my mind if I was even one minute late I was going to be mad. As soon as I was walking out the door I looked at the clock and it was 10:01.   Lets just say I was a little flustered.

I got the kids in the stroller and as soon as I was walking down my driveway there was a bad car accident right where I would have been if I was on time. I kid you not, I would have been hit. A girl totally ran the stop sign and hit another car and ran up on the sidewalk.

I am so lucky that I was one minute behind! After that happened I took a deep breath and felt relieved that we weren't there. I can't imagine if I was hit. There is no doubt that we would have died if not been SERIOUSLY injured.

So please don't forget how precious life is!!! Things can happen in an instant! Someone was watching out for us today.

On another note, The past 2 nights have SUCKED! Keagan started waking up again, and I don't know why. Last night was the worst. He woke up at 2:30 and didn't stop crying till 3. Not even 30 seconds after he stopped crying Bryton woke up. From 3 to 6 she woke up 5 times. I would go in there, put her to bed, then as soon as I got back in bed she would wake up again. Over and over. Finally at like 6:30 I had had enough, I was just going to bring her in bed with me, and as soon as I stepped foot in our door she FREAKED out. And doing so, she woke Keagan up. I didn't get to bed till 12 that night, so I only had 2 and half hours of sleep.

Can I just tell you I am TIRED!!! As soon as I am done typing, off to bed I go! 

I am really hoping I can get some sleep and have a good day tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Fergi Fam said...

Hey Erica! I don't know if you remember me, I was in your ward for a while when we were like 14. I found your blog from Natalie Dahl's blog...ANYWAYS...Your mom challenge caught my attention! I LOVE it!! It makes me want to do it! It also made me feel really good because your little boy sounds so much like my little boy! I didn't catch how old he is but my oldest is almost 3. We were having the same problems with sleeping you were and we cut out naps and he now goes to bed with no fights at 7:00pm every night and sleeps until about 7am! That is HUGE for him! If he falls asleep during the day I let him have a "power nap" and try to wake him up in about 30 minutes.
Anyways, you sound like a GREAT mom! I wish I were close so we could be friends again! :) keep up the good work.
Meagan (Welch) Ferguson