Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lovely weather

There isn't tons to report today. Keagan did better last night. He was only up till 1am, still screaming. I am really hoping that it stops all together tonight. 

After Church we went and enjoyed this lovely weather we have been having. We went for a nice walk then stopped at the school up our street and let Keagan play on the playground. Bryton and I sat in a swing the whole time, she loved it. I think there is just something special about swinging on a swing, it brings back so many childhood memories. The sweet and simple life of recess. I am sad I didn't take our camera, next time. 

Today was Chuck's last day with us and I am super scared to be by my self for the next 8 days. I will no longer have that 6 PM break when Daddy gets home. I am really hoping that I can keep it together and not have a major breakdown.

Crying is good right? It always feels good after you have a good cry, letting out all those emotions. I used to love crying in the shower, I haven't done that in a long time. Sometimes I feel like I can't cry. Does anyone else get like that? Like you have so many emotions built up inside of you and you can't/don't know how to express them? Like your body is just going to explode? Or am I the only one? It wouldn't surprise me if I was. I have had times where I want to scream in a pillow, mostly just to see what it is like. But I really think it would help. I am just afraid of scaring my kids. Maybe I will try that this week. I think it might be a good outlet. 

How do you guys let your emotions out? I want to hear what you do. So please comment. I know you are reading, because I get tons of page views.... But no comments. Don't be shy. :)

Well I am off to bed before day 8 is here!!! Good night world. 

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Erica! I totally agree that sometimes it just feels good to cry. I usually have a hard time doing it on my own, but putting in a movie always works like a charm for me!

The Smith Fam said...

I am totally a crier! I have had to teach myself not to do it as much as I would like because my daughter, Addison, always asks me why I am sad and tells me it is ok, which is fine but I just need to cry. I try real hard to hold myself together and cry when they are asleep or I am in the bathroom. I have recently been wanting to scream in a pillow as well. If you try it let me know how it feels!

Carly said...

run. I run. and run. and run. one of the best ways. ever.